Have an idea to improve patient care delivery at MGH and beyond?
We can help you make it happen.
We believe the best healthcare solutions come from people closest to the challenges they wish to solve.
The MGH Springboard Studio provides non-equity based grant funding and business development assistance to MGH providers and staff with great problem-solving ideas. In addition to funding, we will provide MGH and industry mentors with the experience and expertise to help drive your early-stage solution from abstract to impact.
We know great ideas can come from anyone.
ALL employees of Mass General Hospital and Mass General Physicians Organization with an idea to make healthcare more user-friendly are encouraged to apply.
Our Accelerator team is available to refine, iterate and progress your idea forward, engaging end-users for feedback along the way. Co-creation – working with people from different domains from the prime applicant (either internal or external to the hospital) – is strongly encouraged.
Winners will receive
- Up to $20,000 in non-equity based grant funding. Non-equity-based funding means receiving funds without giving any part (equity) of your solution to the giving entity, in this case, the MGH Springboard Studio. MGH/MGB intellectual property policies do apply. Multiple grants to be awarded.
- Design research to refine and develop your solution
- Business planning, market assessment, and pitch-coaching
- Mentorship matching
- Introductions to our community of designers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- Regular milestone-based check-ins/project management
- Prototyping, pilot study design and implementation
- Impact evaluation to demonstrate the value of your solution
What we are looking for
MGH Springboard Studio supports a wide range of projects, from devices to digital health to care redesign. We are not able to support innovations in pharmaceuticals or vaccine advancement.
Key dates and information
Click below to complete the application!
Deadline for the initial application is July 18, 2021.
Finalists will be subsequently invited to submit second-stage applications. Multiple grants to be awarded.
Interested in meeting the Springboard Accelerator team before applying? Have questions? Send us a note and we’ll set-up a time: MGHSpringboardStudio@mgh.harvard.edu